Tuesday 15 July 2014

They're Coming To take Us Away...........

......... Ha ha, he he
They're coming to take us away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa

 Alien Abduction/Invasion

The funny farm would shake their head if I were to be removed to that place I'm sure.
The thought processes that come out of my head make ME wonder occasionally. Then, when The Haunted Design House challenge of this fortnight was drawing close, I had to engage that part of my brain that spewed out creativity. Hubs, bless his cotton socks, always asks if he can throw "this" out. "This" being an outside light fixture today. Just the thing popped up and out of the grey cell that I have tried to keep alive.
Armed with acrylic paint, glass paint, a couple of rubber stamps - Paper Artsy and Smeared Ink, ink and card, teamed with a few bits of wire, glow in the dark mod-podge and some UTEE, my spaceship came into being. As an added "bonus" I installed some battery operated LED lights inside - a "real" spaceship night light.?
 my Alien

 By day

 in the dark with the internal lights on

top view

The glyphs were handpainted on using Maynov's Glyph Collection (public domain)

The Blog gives a few ideas to help tickle your grey cells into activity as well as some fantastic pieces from my fellow teamies.Get along over there and take a peek ......
then come show us what you came up with.

I'd like to enter my altered light fitting into the challenges at
Anything But a Card - Anything Goes
Craft My Life - Anything But a Card
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes

3 comments:

  1. So incredibly brilliant and clever, Helen! I just love those little silhouettes peeking out from the portholes in the sides. You have really outdone yourself for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone who always sees something else in everything Hubby tries to throw out I'm right with you. Fantastic Alien Craft ship. I have my eye on the one screwed onto the shed now!! Thank you for sharing with us at Craft My Life . Hugs Mrs A. (D.T. )

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my gosh, this is so creative and also so much fun!

    ReplyDelete