Friday 20 December 2013

Cat and Mouse (and a couple of birds)

Way back .................. oh, months ago ........... A new challenge blog was launched. There was a massive prize on offer for those that completed a challenge piece from then ..... until now. It has become a weekly and pleasurable job to make sure I get my project in on time. By the skin of my teeth once or twice but I am one of seven that has made it through to the end. Phew. The blog in question is
I might not have won many of their weekly challenges - there is some stiff competition out there - but I have done my best. All I could ask of me. This week is the final week of that initial challenge. I made it !!!
Penny Black are the sponsors this week and I just happen to have one of their stamps - lucky me won it on this very blog in a challenge months ago. As luck would have it - it's Christmas themed as well. Just right for this Christmas themed challenge.
I made a gift bag from a single piece of 12"x12" patterned paper. The design of the paper is much better suited for a larger project or scrapbook page. As I don't do scrapping - the larger project it is.

The front with the stamped image sitting on two die cut shapes from pearlescent white card

This shows the dimension - the "puffy white stuff" with added glitter for the snow and the decoupaged robins and mouse. I had to have them proud of the snow.
 This is the back - a third die cut from the spellbinders "labels32" set and two of the memory box "La Rue Flourish" - with some red gems added.
A bit of silver ribbon through some holes and ready for filling.

I am entering this into the challenge at
Through The Purple Haze - Here comes Christmas Day

3 comments:

  1. Oh how sweet.......it made me smile on a not well day here......lovely
    Have a wonderful Christmas

    fiona DT
    TTPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helen! I'm so glad you got to complete all of the challenges at Through the Purple Haze! Your name has been entered in the big prize giveaway!! Hope you will continue to play in the New Year!! You never know when it may be your project that wins!!! There are so many lovely entries each week!! This gift bag of yours is very beautiful!! Lucky recipient!!!
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Croms, the fluffy white stuff is great :) I'd like to wish you & yours a very Merry Christmas. Thanks for joining us at
    Through The Purple Haze Challenges
    Hugs, Teresa DT
    Ceesa's Card Creations

    ReplyDelete