Monday 1 July 2013

In the Wild

Smudgy Antics day here in my cubby hole as it is Monday.
This week starts the beginning of a new challenge......
In The Wild

Now this can be taken in a number of ways. Original thoughts turned to all things that are not domesticated - found in the wild. Create a scene, maybe, depicting life outside the comfy four walls that most call home. Use actual elements of the great outdoors such as twigs, sticks, leaves, flowers, feathers, and stones, etc.  The Smudgy Antics DT have come up with a number of different interpretations and it would not be time wasted - checking out their projects.
Me? I altered a box. The original box contained a beginners card making kit with handmade paper, I think, and was already divided into two sections.
The inside of the box was already lined with cream coloured handmade paper and has a lovely bumpy texture. I didn't want to lose this so I just went wild with some spray inks. I did cover the outside with some kraft paper as this was not the prettiest sight.
The left hand partition is just the right size for a "set of shelves". Another re-purposed little box. This one is made from wood and has a bit of a grain to it. Walnut stain distress ink was sponged on here, as well as all the edges of the main box. The front edges were then all treated to some old gold buffing wax.
All the stamped images are from the Smeared Ink, Specimen Jar Digi set. and were coloured with promarkers with a touch of distress ink on the little butterflies on the jar labels. All the little jars in stash.



That bottle at the back on the bottom RHS - part of the digi set. I just added a touch of silver gel pen to the lid as well as the DI coloured butterfly. The butterfly is made from feathers and was part of a RAK a couple of years ago. The other one I made using air dry clay, feathers, some wire and patina stickles.


Some flowers (from another RAK) and I called it finished.

Looking forward to seeing you all "GO WILD" with us at Smudgy Antics

I'd like to enter this into the challenge at
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Things with Wings

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely amazing! The little bottles are awesome, great make. Suzanne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wildly wonderful. Love the shelves. Image beautiful and diggin' all the extra details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What. Really wonderful and unusual make. The image is lovely and I adore the big butterfly.

    Hugs Lisa xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen,
    Love how you got those little bottles and printed out those labels for them. I just love your whole project, very beautiful!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen this is such a beautiful piece. I was so amazed when I saw this. Beautiful details beautiful art. I so love this.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete