Monday 24 June 2013

Drip Drip Drip with Smudgy Antics

Blogger and I had better stay friends today as this is not the last post I have to make.
This time we're with Smudgy Antics and the continuing challenge there of
Dripping
I often ask my son for ideas when faced with a subject theme. He has a similar warped brain to mine. A true mother's son. His idea though was not taken up. He immediately thought of food and the dripping one gets from roasting meat. OK I had to think on this one myself.

The other members of the DT have come up with such imaginative ideas, I felt a bit overwhelmed. I played safe and went with paint. That medium lends itself so well to drips. I also wanted to play with my gelli plate that has been neglected for too long.
My background sheet

some green and blue paints then off white into which I stamped into with the bark rubber stamp from the Urban Decay set available as a member of the Smeared Ink rubber club. Some bright green acrylic pain then made into a wash and splattered on an the paper tilted so that it ran.
Next up came one of the images from a past rubber set called "Prints". These are still available if you want to sign up. There are so many awesome stamp sets available.
The sheet with image attached to an ATC with a little strip of paper punched using my "drippy goo" punch.
I didn't stop there however.
I wanted a sentiment but didn't want to hide any of this pic. I was also asked to do a tutorial on an ATC I made last week. I used this ATC as the subject of that tutorial.
So another slider ATC was begun.
More images from the "Prints" rubber set.
and the Urban Decay set for the base
All put together

The words - well they are letters, stamped individually onto the bottom slider that had previously been stamped with the same bark stamp as on the gelli plate topper.

The tutorial will be with you sometime this week, with all kinds of luck.

Thank you for reading my ramblings and I'll be back later with some more news from the Cubbyhole.
Don't forget to come on over to Smudgy Antics and drip with us this week.

I'd like to enter this ATC into the challenge at
Anything BUT a card - Get Messy

5 comments:

  1. ACK !!! Totally, utterly STUNNING Cromsie.... I just LUV this so much. It's a brilliant creation.. great colour but the little figure and the hands make it sooooo creepy cool and a bit scary. It made me think of someone trapped in the TV like in Poltergeist !!! FABBO
    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen,
    This is the most perfect rubber stamp to use for the Dripping challenge, the kid looking out, you gave an eire feel, geat job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAB work Helen and so very creepy....... poor little guy :)

    ReplyDelete