Friday 1 February 2013

Just squeaked in there

Wouldn't you know it! All month to play and I leave it to the last minute. This is becoming a habit lately here in the cubbyhole. I must get more organised. I suppose I better explain myself.
Over in the Smeared and Smudged Group over on Facebook, we have started up a monthly challenge. Each month is to be set by one of the DT members in turn. January was Shell's turn. SOMETHING NEW.  What "new" was I to use?
I went with one of the new images that have just come into the shop over at Smeared Ink. This new set is Valentine inspired and I was hard pushed to choose which to play with. Eventually I chose Look of Love There are four others to choose from. Such a hard decision.
I made a tag for the challenge.
I printed the face first onto red paper then onto white so that I could colour then paper piece the eyes.
Coloured in the eyebrows on the red. Then cut out a heart shape containing the image. A cream tag was first stamped with a text back ground stamp from Paper Artsy using red then an Andy Skinner stamp was heat embossed with black.
To finish the tag off
Some black tulle added. Secured at the top with the deep red and black tie ribbons and at the bottom with some red lace. A red flower with black bow and a spray of black pearls.

This tag was entered into the Jan face book challenge on the Smeared and Smudged Group

2 comments: