Wednesday 3 October 2012

31 days of Hallowe'en - Day 3

I'm still here lol. This is going to be a looooong haul and with everything else going on - work, and general life, hopping is unfortunately something I'm going to have to do at the w/end... hopefully. So - sorry guys :(

Anyway - day 3 of this month long blog hop arranged by the Smeared and Smudged forum. Full rules are still here - and on Terra's blog. The blog list will be on the right hand side bar for the duration of October.
I think I must have mentioned before about the amazing amount of sponsors that have been lined up for this extravaganza, well Rick St Dennis is one of them. There's so many new images in his Etsy shop now for Hallowe'en that you'll be spoilt for choice. Also he's gearing up for Creepmas!! Wow.

Today's post is featuring just one of the new images - "Don't Go In There"
I altered a picture frame slightly for this - giving it a lick of grey acrylic paint after sticking on just a few creepy crawlies. These were then dry brushed with red oxide acrylic and some red stickles added. The grey paint so that it followed into the wall of the image.
The image itself was first coloured with promarkers then scanned and several images printed out so that I could do some layering.

I added some luminescent green and yellow paint to depict the unseen horror lurking behind that door. It doesn't look strong enought to keep in even a tiny monster does it? I also painted the man's face and hands with glow in the dark paint. This looks really creep in real life :D
Did you get here from Valerie's blog? If so, you're on the right course for Sharon's blog next.

See you tomorrow with any luck

22 comments:

  1. How cool is that! I chose this image and love it. LOVE how you layered him how freaking clever! LOVE your work. I so far only have the wooden door painted cos D'Arcy is really attached herself to me at the mo. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I wouldn´t wanna go in there! :) Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such wickedly delicious stamps and I love how he is coming out from the door being popped up. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautifully creepy work. Those buggies are the perfect addition, but most of all I love the way you carried the 3D into the image.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LMAO...I love this frame and wow... he is sure that NO ONE should go in there! LOL! Your coloring is wonderful! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great job - I never could decide if hes keeping something in or trying to keep someone OUT? Suppose the lil bugger is a serial killer and this is where he keeps his trophies-----bawhahahahahahah
    Well done you-its a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun frame!! LOVE the image!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG this kinda freaks me out!! But I love it! You and your laying, You are so great at that!! I love your coloring, and I love your macabre mind!! Great project, just awesomeness!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh I am feeling his fear..great job
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Frickin' awesometastic! I love the dimension and those creepy bugs! Where have you found red oxide paint? I've been looking everywhere for that color. What brand sells that color other than Deco?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your altered frame looks awesome
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow helen you did an amzing job cutting all those layers. awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been loving this image and love how you layered him and made the door glowing. Great job, Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helen you rock!! I love this, the patience you have to do all that cutting to make it 3d, just amazing xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so much fun! Love the 3D effect.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. The creepy crawlies are making me squirm. LOL Love your coloring and the 3D effect is just fab, Helen. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is awesome!!! I love the layering, coloring, bugs, image ...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the layers and your coloring! Great piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just a "few" creepy crawlers...BAHAHAHAHAHA!! Love this...it would make an awesome tag to put on my 9yr old bedroom door..for reals!!

    Happy Hauntings ^_^
    Regi

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh wow, those layers look fabulous. What a great image and you've colored it amazingly! Love all the little bugs too, yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great colouring and layers :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete