Tuesday 10 April 2012

Homage to Hitchcock

Haunted Design House's challenge this week is to celebrate Hitchcock's life and works. So many films made by and inspired by him. Many stars were born playing the roles he created and appeared in. I remember that was one of his trademarks - a walk on part in all his films.
As always, the challenges over at HDH are not just about making a project but choosing what to make given a very broad theme. I went with an ATC and chose "Dial M for Murder" as my film.



I thought I had a stamp that could pass as a tennis racket but no so that bit got left out.
I did have one with a few keys on it. This was heat embossed in silver on the green (for jealousy) base together with some scissors (The murder weapon). The drippy bit (blood) is a stamp that my DD bought for me when in the US. This is heat embossed both on the top and the black mat in red.
The M is cut using a cricut. I borrowed a piccy of an old phone off the web and entwined slightly.
The other red drippy bits are nail varnish.

That's about it.

I am entering this into the challenges over at
Haunted Design House - ATC inspired by their Homage to Hitchcock challenge
Tammy's Scrappin Corner - Anything goes with twist of embossing
ATCs with Attitude - Anything goes

7 comments:

  1. This was my very first Hitchcock film that I watched in a movie theater. Very cool project!
    Thanks for joining in on all the bedlam going on this week at HDH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant card and great movie choice. Thanks for sharing again xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful. Love the idea and design


    Thanks for Entering the Challenge
    At Tammy's Scrapin Corner.

    Good Luck the Winner will be announced on Sunday Evening.

    I hope to see you enter next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally brilliant - I saw straight away what this one was. Superb creation Thank you for joining us at Haunted Design House xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blood!! (Hmm, should I admit that? LOL) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the use of the big M and the phone - there is a lot of drama in this ATC. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete