Wednesday 18 April 2012

.....and a bottle o' rum?

Haunted Design House time in the Cubby Hole. This week the challenge is "Pirate's Booty". Teri over at Delicious Doodles has a new image which is just right for this challenge, Zombie Pirate. Infact Glo has used this image in her project as well as Pirate Polly. I had intended doing a piece using the same images, and had already prepared them. Then changed my mind this afternoon. I'm so glad because I'd have hated to look like I was copying. These were the images I had all ready

My project turned into something completly different :)
Take one box, a handful of wooden lolly sticks, distress ink and a knife and what do I get....
 The clasp and hinge had to come off and be re-atttached of course. and yes it can still be opened. The lights not the best but you get the idea.
The "metal bindings" are a sizzlit die cut from pearlised gold card. A pirates treasure chest - just right for storing that booty plundered on the high seas.
My chest is also decorated with a skull and crossbones, also from Delicious Doodles. Six layers cut and layered up with pinflair before coating with UTEE.
 and just to show the back as well.
There we have it peeps

I am entering this into the challenge over at
Haunted Design House - Pirate's Booty
Divas By Design - Anything but a card
Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls - Pandora's box/Alter a box

14 comments:

  1. Har-har - looks oarsome!!! LOL. Great job hun! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! this is soooo FABULOUS! Love how you did his eye and of course, the dimensional skully. What's pinflair? Is that what I need to layer before coating? I sooo wanna try that. Thanks for joining us again for MM at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely IMMENSE! Love it so much, freaking brilliant. Thanks for sharing at HDH again this week, always a pleasure to see what you come up with x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! I'll now be hoarding lolly sticks :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I get a hell yeah?! This treasure chest is amazing!!! Glad I guided you into another direction this week. You're welcome.
    LOVE the use of the pop sticks and the die cut hinges and accents.
    I also need a tutorial (hint, hint) on this Pinflair business. That skull is killer!!
    Thanks for showing me up this week for the Pirate's Booty challenge at HDH!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is totally cool! I am so impressed with the detail on this. You did a fabulous job on the chest and I really like that image!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this!!! I'm happy you changed your original plan, because this box is insanely cool! I love how you colored all 3 of those images. But I am seriously diggin' that 6 layered skull! Thank you so much for playing along with The Dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so great! I love how you did your skull/crossbones with the layers and the utee.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helen... You Rock! I love this treasure chest and the zombie pirate are awesome! Thanks for joining us at Beyond The Burtonesque Dolls! Have a wonderful weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful! Love the image!!! Thank you for joining Beyond the Burtonesque Dolls this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, what a fab project! The prirate looks brilliant and I love the skull and crossbones.

    Thanks for joining with us this week at Divas by Design.

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always Helen...totally inspiring. You really are so uniquely creative.
    Thanks for sharing with us at HDH my friend.... much love always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just so fabulous hun...and thanks for joining us at Divas too :o)

    big hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete