Sunday 4 March 2012

Which Witch?

Which Witch am I? The Challenge over at Haunted Design House poses this question.
You are to create a dark, Gothic, or Halloween-based art piece
that represents YOU at your witchy best. Maybe you like to think
of yourself as the wicked step mother type witch, or maybe one
of the old crones who live by herself deep in the woods.
If you'd rather not represent yourself that way, you can just
choose your favorite witch of all time as use her as your muse.


I had to think on this one amid other projects I have been working on. I decided to use the image from Delicious Doodles - The Pumpkin Witch, teaming up with a background from Moonlight Journey. The witch coloured with promarkers. This is the top half. I made a hanging. I do need a bit more to decorate the walls of my crafty space. There is black webby ribbon with lace and velvet ribbon just because I like lace and velvet. The purple panel is embossed vellum, I have nothing to hide.

The whole thing has bits in there to represent me as I see me.
The dangly bit with the purple feathers, for the fluffy side of me, has a mix of beads in purple and black with a little skull spacer as well.
The black roses together with the purple thistle and white heather. (English displaced to Scotland).
The "saying" off centre, as I can be, was computer generated and a reminder that I shouldn't do and say just what is expected of me all the time.

The BP from Free Craft Downloads features an exotic black orchid mounted onto black. All edges slightly distressed, a bit frayed round the edges, hahaha - again just like me.

I am entering this into the challenge over at
Haunted Design House - Which Witch are YOU

5 comments:

  1. This is very lush indeed. Loving your background to Teris lush witch. Thanks for sharing with us again xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Witchy wall hanging!
    I really like the way each bit represents a part of how you see yourself.
    So happy to have you along for this week's challenge at HDH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally gorgeous - love the colours and your dangly, beady bit is awesome. Thank you for playing at Haunted Design House :-D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh lovely! like the skull in the background! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really did an amazing job representing yourself. Fabulous job. Love the colors. Thanks for joining us at HDH this week. xxD

    ReplyDelete