Wednesday 23 November 2011

The Ivy without the Holly

New image alert from Delicious Doodles and she is beautiful, of course. The Ivy fairy.
There are, of course, oodles of beautiful images but I just had to colour this one in as soon as I saw it. The hard part was prising son off pc long enough for me to post it.


See I told you she is beautiful.
I printed out a few other copies as well and after colouring with my promarkers, cut out bits to layer up.

I basically followed the sketch from over at Crafty Ann's. The challenge is sketch and/or monochromatic. The green organza ribbon was woven through the paper and the old lace was backed with moss green ribbon. A few silk ivy leaves and pearls to finish off.
Because I haven't decided on who will get this card, the space for the sentiment is bare. I like to personalise mine at Christmas.

I'd like to enter this into a couple of challenges
Crafty Ann's Challenges - sketch and/or monochromatic. Loads of different greens here.
Shopping Our Stash - Winter/Christmas related
Crafty Boots Challenges - Fantasy
Flutter By Wednesday - Open with fairy, butterfly or angel
I love Promarkers - Anything Goes

9 comments:

  1. Stunning card and a lovely take on our sketch at Crafty Ann's, thank you for joining us.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning image, great use of colour and texture in this card.

    Thanks for joining in the fun at Crafty Boots Challenge.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous hun! Love the really natural feel of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layering! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Love the decoupage on the fairy. Great job! Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous. Totally love your colours and your layering. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous image! Love all the dimension and layering! Thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Ann's Challenge this week.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOw, gorgeous card! Love your fussy cutting and laying, wowza. Congrats on making the top 3 at Crafty Ann's! Hope you're well, and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete