Wednesday 27 April 2011

Alone In The Dark

It's been too long since I indulged myself with a bit of Haunted Design House FUN. Well this week there's no work - part of my annual holiday leave, so I had me a playtime set aside.
Alone in the dark is the theme. I had an inkling of what I wanted to do before I went to bed. Bits of my brain must've been talking about it as I slept........ then woke me up with a start. Time to get to get up and make the idea become reality.
The image is from Wild Frog Creations. The plate came with 2 sizes. Just what I needed. The bigger image in the middle and 5 little ones.
All coloured in using different mediums. From plain CS to paint to promarkers to DI.

I forgot to take a picture of them before putting into the circular shadow box I made. Colours are purples, blues, black and greys. going from lights to darks.




The shadow box was constructed with black paper and CS from stash, different batches so different colours.



I added "The Watcher" from Delicious Doodles. Printed onto white and coloured with the same colour DI as before. This fitted my theme perfectly as well as being the sponser this week.









The words "Alone in the DARK?" and "Not with all the voices in my head" were computer generated and distressed with black soot DI.




I am entering this into the challenges

Haunted Design House - #86 - Alone in the dark
Delicious Doodles Challenges - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesdays - Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations - Anything but a card

7 comments:

  1. Oh Helen, I LOVE this! So wonderfully macabre but also funny :D I'm so glad you had some time to play with us this week :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic work no wonder your brain was working overtime. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWsers hun! Loving this piece of art, so very different.
    Thanks for playing at DD and MM this week hun!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative and unique! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to see your work at Delicious Doodles! Thanks for joining us and good luck!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your wonderfull creation with us at Lexis Creations. Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG! How fabulous is this! Wonderfully creepy work! thanks for joining us for MM at HDH! xxD

    ReplyDelete