Monday 22 November 2010

CAS

Not often I make one of these cards. Clean and simple is not really my style - but change is as good as a rest they say. I would like to broaden my "skills" and try it. Please let me know what you think. I make no apologies for seemingly copying my type of project that I produced when asked if I'd like to be a GDT member the other week. I'm trying to get a few little pressies made as well for folks. Decorating candles is easy and can make a welcome gift.
Tuesday Taggers this week have asked for the words "Peace, Joy or Love" to feature in this week's projects. I was going to go for "Love" and have a great stamp for it but in the end plumped on "Peace".
Card and matching candle

In white, silver and black. Not your run of the mill Christmas colours, but I decided it would look better. The letters are mounted on sticky dots. The edges and corners are fine peeloffs - too chunky and the clean look would go.
The candle on the other side has a stamped image of a dove
You can just see the sheen of the silver gel pen I used on this. The silver organza and black satin ribbons from stash.
Simple, but I hope effective. I do have a recipient in mind. ..... but I don't want to tell just yet.

I am also entering this into the challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers - Card and matching gift
and Artful Inkables - Sentiment and corners

4 comments:

  1. Hi Helen. This is really beautiuful and all to match too. Well done, its the perfect little gift set. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful x Thanks for joining us at TT this week x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfecly elegant. Perfect pair. Thanks for sharing your gift & card set with us at Crafty Cardmakers this time round. hugs- Little Miss Neat (Corry).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Helen pop over to my blog there is a little something for you xx

    ReplyDelete