Friday 10 September 2010

Elegantly Evil for HDH

Elegant eh?
Well if it's one thing I am not, it's elegant!!! But that's the challenge over on Haunted Design House this week. I had to think on this real hard and even when I'd put it all together, it has sat on my shelf for a couple of days.... I keep wanting to add more to it. NOOOOOOO. One of the styles of cards that I do consider elegant is CAS. It was this style I was trying to emulate here. Not easy for me. Well before I relent and do something silly to this, I took my pics and put it away.

Using a sheet of DCWV cardstock from the TajMahal range, Christina the Vamp from Smeared Ink digi range, coloured with PM's (second image was flipped) and a gothic cross in the centre panel, put this little effort together. The sentiment is computer generated by me. The font is intended to be slightly strange and gothic and just "looked right" like this especially after greying it up with water colours. The words "football anyone" is a twist on the fact that the girls look like they're about to kick off a game with those skulls.
Also entering it into "O the horror" challenge on Smeared nd Smudged forum. Theme this month is 30 Days of Nights.



Well I had fun - that's the main thing.

6 comments:

  1. Gosh Helen, this is fabulous. I love the cut of the card, and the red and gold is just fantastic. I love the images too. What a great creation. Happy crafting.
    With love, Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe fantastic very evil playing footie with a skull, looks brilliant x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, and just perfect. Doesn't need anything extra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh, that red and gold is indeed very elegant and I think you've kept it perfectly CAS. (I know what you mean about the temptation to add, though. LOL) Fab images and the sentiment's a hoot! Thanks for joining us for MM at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, this is fab, and that sentiment is perfect for your image, thanks for joining us again at HDH :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a tut on how to do this fold please?
    i love this... and the saying is sooooooooooo funny... thanks for sharing at MM... LOVE ALWAYS
    lynx

    ReplyDelete