Tuesday 1 June 2010

Birthday boy

It's coming up to that time of year again when I get to feel just that bit older. My eldest son is nearly 22. Where have the years gone? Well this year because I have started making cards instead of buying them - he gets one specially designed round him. He's been a skinhead for about 4 years now. The red DM boots, Ben Sherman shirts, rolled up jeans and close cropped hair look. He is also no angel, as many mums will identify with. When I saw this digi stamp from Cuddly Buddly, it reminded me so much of him I had to use it for his card. Had to be red, white and blue. He even has the union flag design for his bedding.
Dragon from Tag It On challenged us to make a tag with what ever was on our desk this week. Well among all the bits and pieces was the making of the card. I made it all smaller to fit on a tag. So we now have matching tag and card.
Tuesday taggers are requesting "cards for men" this week so I thought I might as well enter into their challenge as well. I'm also entering this into this weeks PolkaDoodles challenge as top and bottom of the card has been sewn and that is the wish of the team this week - to see some sewing on a card.
The beer glass stamp is on the back of the tag as it's just a bit big and I couldn't fit all the elements on to one face of the tag. Also found one of his old boot laces to thread through the hole.
Had to get a little fallen halo in there as well didn't I.


5 comments:

  1. Woo it's fab... I bet he will love it... clever to make a matching tag so thanks for sgaring your dream with me this week
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. just seen your name again, there is no stopping you x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card. Thanks for joining in at Polkadoodles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work. Thanks so much for joining in with Polka Doodles Sew and Sew challenge.
    x

    ReplyDelete